Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 14

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/staceyh55

So I set up a library thing account, and it is kind of cool. It would be a great way to have an online database of my books. It would be a good place to store a list for insurance reasons too. These are the books that I lost. Hopefully that will never happen.

I can see how this will be fun personally too. Though I don't seem to have a need for book ideas, since everyday something looks good. It still is fun to find new books.

In our library I don't know how we could use this. It would be fun to show some of our patrons who read a lot and don't know what to read next? I will have to read other peoples blogs to get some more ideas?

We use Novelist for our patrons, but this has the cataloging element as well. I like that.

I like it. I found the hardest part though was remember what books are on my shelves at home when I am at work...

No comments: