Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 12

Ok, so I found this interesting, but not really something I could get into.

I signed up for Mixx and looked at some of the articles. I liked the article about
"Hybrids Not Shaped Like Deformed Weiners." I also looked at some of the NYTimes articles. It was interesting to see what was new. I think I would rather go to a trusted site first, and then see the top news.

One way this would be fun is I have a lot of friends who find an interesting article and email it to everyone. We could "Share" the articles with this.

I don't know if this would increase or decrease my productivity. I think that giving our patrons access to news doesn't necessarily have to happen through a social media site. It is fun to share, but I don't see these becoming part of my daily routine.

Maybe I need to spend more time understanding what they do, and I will look more into the additional options.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Good idea to have friends share articles with these sites. I, too, prefer a trusted site, but sometimes find interesting articles via these. On day with big news, it is interesting to see what turns up, too.