Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Thing 10

Ok I love Wikipedia, though I think it is important to always verify sources.

I liked the Library Success, and the Librarian Bloggers pages. It was cool to see library blogs from around the world, and to see what they are doing.

Ooh, I just added something to the 23 things on a stick page. I added:

23 things on a stick are fun... I also like Ice cream on a stick.

Stacey

That was really easy. The sandbox thing was confusing.

I would be concerned with the freedom of editing. If I were creating a page I would worry about vandalism. It might be a neat concept if you were doing heritage research, you could work with families and people around the world.

I liked how libraries were using the wikis to show library procedures and areas of the library. Again I worry that the wrong people would edit the page. I agree with teachers that had students using wikipedia for research. It is a great source of information, but sources need to be checked. It could be used as a starting place, but not for official reference.

It is neat to find another option as far as displaying and using information.

No comments: