Friday, March 28, 2008

Thing 19

Podcasts

I found a podcast I liked from MPR. It is so neat to have something you like all together without having to search through so many pages. This way I know when something new is available.

I also love to hear the composers datebook on MPR, and I was able to add their posdcast from composersdatebook.org. I enjoy this program, but only catch occasionally depending on what time I am driving to work. Now I can always listen to what I miss.

It would be great to create podcasts of book reviews, or storytimes that would be able to be played from our library's website. They wouldn't have to be updated everyday, but if someone logged in we could give them a recommendation. If we had a myspace page adding a podcast feed of real people telling you about books, or programs would be a great touch. More personal. We would just have to learn to do some recording. Hmmm...can I get a microphone please?

I used the podcasts.com and found a spanish lesson course. This will be better for my pronunciation if I can hear the words!! It was really easy to search and follow

The EPN I am sure is a great resource, but it required too much reading to do the search. If I have a specific thing I am looking for then I will check back, but not now.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

I like the "radio on demand" aspect of podcasts. Haven't tried making my own yet. Keep working on the Things! I enjoy your posts.