Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 7

No 1- I like the ideas for using email, but not letting it take over... Epic literature. that sounds like my mom's emails

No 2- IM- how I fell in love with my husband...
I don't think our library would have the staffing to support IM reference questions. We don't have voicemail because it would be so hard to respond to all the messages we receive. I think it is a good thing though, and would allow us to help more people that can't make it to the library.

No3- Text messaging- Hmmm....

No4- Web conferencing would be wonderful. We have WI-Fi, and being able to web conference, or to have it available for our patrons would be a great service to our community. Unfortunately our bandwidth isn't ready, and we need more space.

Email- We use email constantly, and it allows us to email when we think of something, but don't need an immediate answer. Productivity is increased because there isn't the time spent on hold, or walking around the building trying to find someone, or waiting for someone to be available.

I haven't IMed since college. It was great for me to communicate long distance.

No comments: